Selasa, 31 Agustus 2010

An Unforgettable moment in joining LTC


Life is a choice! This is my favorite quotation words. I joined LTC as LTC friends in my last semester breaks.  In this job I supposed to help PIBBI or COTIM participants whether they needed something in class and outside the class. LTC friends also had to help the lecturer to prepare the class. That was not an easy work but I’m glad I could finish everything well until the end of the program. The best parts were I got a lot of experience during the program such as learned some cultures from the participants, had a chance to go to other place with the participants, and got some friends from different country. 
Culture was the most interesting part to be studied. There were two personalities that I want to imitate from the PIBBI and COTIM participants. First, I saw that American and Australian student were more diligent than Indonesian student because they always prepared their materials well before class, not only skimmed their materials but also had done the exercise. They also looked so enthusiastic when they found something interested in Indonesian cultures, even they have more respect in Indonesian culture better than the Indonesian people. 

Travelling, travelling, and travelling!! I love travelling and through this job I can enjoy the panorama of Mt. Bromo. My dream was to go there by motorcycle but it was also nice I could go there free!! The second excursions (for the participant) was going to Candi Gedong songo. I was happy I could go there again because it was 11 years ago since the last time I went there! Beside excursions which had been scheduled by LTC, I and another LTC friends also had “private” tour with the participants. I went to Yogyakarta and Bukit Cinta with them and the atmosphere was totally different!! Sometimes they could respect the place better than the native people and they looked like really enjoyed the situation.

Friend is the best part of our life. They will be on our side no matter in what condition we are. That also happened to me, I got a lot of friends from different backgrounds and have different characteristic through this program. By the end of this program, I hope we can communicate to each other. Nice to meet you guys! 



6 komentar:

  1. Wim, I like reading your blog. Your writing is good. :) Hmm.. you should write more about our "private" tour! Hehehe... Then, you can also share your experience when we were in batik class. It must be interesting though.
    Keep practicing ya! :)

    BalasHapus
  2. Hahaha...thx for your comment.. I need to improve my writing skills more...
    I think it was a good idea to write batik class but i don't have any photo from batik class...;(

    BalasHapus
  3. sounds very fun!! it makes me interested to join LTC friends...

    BalasHapus
  4. Hell,yeah!! You should apply it next year or in January...

    BalasHapus
  5. Nice blog hehehe It was a lot of fun. I didn't know we were more diligent LOL

    BalasHapus
  6. Ya...You have to come back to Indonesia again.. I miss the moment when we went to Yogyakarta the others...;)
    Can't wait your post about hawai...

    BalasHapus